Struggling to get started? Having a productive morning really can change your outlook for the day. Here’s some advice to set you off on the right foot.
- Put on some happy tunes. Music can greatly effect your mood. Pop on your favorite playlist to make those morning tasks a little easier. Scroll down to find some suggested feel good tunes.
- Make your bed. Making your bed is the first achievement of the day and can give the motivation to do more. Also a less cluttered room = less cluttered mind.
- Have a cold shower. Studies show that a cold shower in the morning has a variety of benefits as it releases endorphins, improves energy and makes you more alert. Find out more from the Ice Man himself, Wim Hof.
- Drink some water. It’s important to rehydrate yourself first thing as your body has gone 6-8 hours without water. A great tip is to set out a glass of water next to your bed so its right there when you wake up. If water doesn’t tickle your fancy, there’s always tea or coffee.
- Have some breakfast. Much like the water your body will have gone without food too. A healthy but delicious can really set you up for the day by refueling your body and boosting energy levels. It’s called break-fast for a reason – something is better than nothing!
Just remember, these are just suggestions that you may find helpful. Everyone is different, try to find what works for you.